Practical Nurses of Sheridan College

A network created for current, past, and potential nursing students of Sheridan College to combine and harmonize thoughts, emotions, learnings/teachings, and humour!

Share a Nursing Tip

Admin
    Admin

Share a Nursing Tip

Post  Admin on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:40 pm

A vital part of being a nurse, is learning how to utilize team work to its fullest. It's important that nurses of all classes unite as a team so that we can all build ourselves to be stronger. Throughout your nursing career you are going to learn new techniques and information on a daily basis. So when you do...

SHARE IT WITH US!!!!! (please!)

Shazia

Nursing Tip....

Post  Shazia on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:47 am

To make your learning successful and rewarding, I encourage you all to volunteer at a local hospital or healthcare facility. I volunteer at Credit Valley Hospital. First I was in Oncology Department and now I work in Pediatrics. I can't even begin to tell you the experiences I have had.........It has made me look at nursing in a whole new way!
    Erin

Nursing Tip

Post  Erin on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 am

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share this tip because I know a lot of people had a hard time with this when they first began clinical. If you are someone with a weak stomach or that is "bothered" by strong smells, buy a small jar of vicks vapour rub and swab a small amount in your nose. It will help to dilute any smells until you get use to it.

~Erin
    Amanda

Re: Share a Nursing Tip

Post  Amanda on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:22 pm

In addition to Erin's tip, sometimes when my stomach was getting used to all the new and fantastic odours, I'd pop a mint in my mouth to help settle myself!

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
    Amanda

Sponsored content

Re: Share a Nursing Tip

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:19 pm