Practical Nurses of Sheridan College

A network created for current, past, and potential nursing students of Sheridan College to combine and harmonize thoughts, emotions, learnings/teachings, and humour!

Peer Mentoring

anderlek

Peer Mentoring

Post  anderlek on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:58 am

Hello;

I'm a first year student and would like a peer mentor. I have not been contacted yet even though i filled out the form and signed up after class. I would like help practicing the skills.

thanks
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Peer Mentoring

Post  Admin on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi anderlek,

The forms that you filled out during/after class was for tutoring by fourth semester students. That program is ran by the Sheridan Nursing department, and really is not affiliated with us.

PNS provides a peer mentoring program which helps transition students into Sheridan and the nursing program. Peer mentors are more for socialization/questions/and sometimes tutoring if the peer mentor and the student are able to arrange that time.

If you're interested in having a peer mentor, we can definitely set you up with someone. If you're solely interested in tutoring from those forms that you filled out, you could talk to the nursing lab or wait to be emailed or called if someone is able to tutor you.

I hope this helps!

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm