Practical Nurses of Sheridan College

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Practical Nurses of Sheridan College

A network created for current, past, and potential nursing students of Sheridan College to combine and harmonize thoughts, emotions, learnings/teachings, and humour!

+2
Amanda
Admin
6 posters

Introduce Yourself

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Introduce Yourself Empty Introduce Yourself

Post  Admin Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:50 am

New to PNS or the Forum? Awesome! Take a moment and introduce yourself to the rest of the gang!

Thanks for joining our team!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Amanda
    Amanda

Introduce Yourself Empty Amanda

Post  Amanda Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi everyone! It looks to be that I am the first to post, but I definitely hope that I am not the last! My name is Amanda and I am a second year nursing student at Sheridan. I am also one of the Co-founders of PNS, and I am looking forward to getting the chance of to know each and every one of you!

I spend a great deal of my time at Sheridan either in class or infront of Tim Hortons gabbing away with my girl friends. I am also a full-time Mom to my beautiful two year old daughter, and this year at Sheridan I am also working with the Sheridan/Niagara Research Department on some pilot projects. I tend to fill my days with lots to keep me busy, but I also love spending down time with my family and friends.

I am a very open person, and can be a social butterfly to the extreme. I am also an extremely diverse person, so I am sure that we have something in common! Pleae contact me anytime you wish, either here on the forum, by email levesama@sheridanc.on.ca, or infront of Timmies! Laughing

Cheers!
    Patti

Introduce Yourself Empty Re: Introduce Yourself

Post  Patti Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:02 pm

Hello! My name is Patricia Martinez, and I too am a co-founder of the PNS. I am a second year nursing student, but I have been attending Sheridan for a year now. We decided to start the PNS to give new students the ressources we wanted in semester 1, we want to help make this program a fun, stress free learning experience.

I am originally from Alberta, I started my career as a Massage Therapist. I moved here for a new start with my boyfriend, and decided to take a different career path. I love being a nurse; it's the most rewarding career there is, and I cannot imagine doing anything else. While I am not at school, I enjoy travelling, movies and the outdoors.

Don't be shy! Come and say hello, my friends and I are more that happy to meet new faces!If you have any question bout anything, don't be afraid to ask
    Post a reply, or contact me at marpatri@sheridanc.on.ca

Last edited by Patti on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shazia

Post  Shazia Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:58 am

Hello everyone and welcome to PNS. My name is Shazia Zaidi-President and Founder of PNS. My colleagues and I have worked very hard and have spent countless hours to bring this association to you. I hope you will find PNS to be an asset to your learning at Sheridan College and will come forth and help us grow and expand. We cannot do this without you. Your participation is important!

A little about myself....Currently I am a second semester practical nursing student at Sheridan College and I also volunteer at Credit Valley Hospital. My volunteer work has developed my experiences in areas such as oncology and pediatrics. I am also a phlebotomist and ECG techinician. Also from Mc Master University I am a graduate with a degree in Psychology and have work experience in unversity organizations. I have held positions of Treasurer and Secretary, I also have volunteered with Chedoke Mc Master Hospital. From George Brown College I also hold a diploma in Medical Administration. The challenges don't stop here.....as I am also a single mother to wonderful pre-teen.

One important key element to your success here at Sheridan and also as a nurse is "People". Hence I hope you will take advantage of our association and join us. I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you and your contribution to PNS. If you see me in the halls or in front of Tim Hortons seated with my friends please feel free to come up and say "Hello!" However I do caution you .....once in blue moon my twin sister does visit the campus, therefore do not get confused.

I wish you all the most successful year at Sheridan and Good Luck with your future endeavours.

Sincerely,
    Shazia Zaidi
    zaidish@sheridanc.on.ca
    Erin
    Erin

Introduce Yourself Empty Introduce Myself

Post  Erin Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi,

My name is Erin Nery and I am a third semester RPN student at Sheridan college. I am also a co-founder of this organization. I would like to take a quick minute to welcome all of the RPN students to the organization. We look forward to getting to know you, and helping you throughout your time at Sheridan.

I started the RPN program at Sheridan in January of 2009, after quitting my job of eight years and moving to Brampton from Niagara. When I first began this program, I knew absolutely no one and was extremely nervous of what was yet to come. Fortunately, I met some amazing people (some of which have already introduced themselves) and together we have made the journey throughout the program. I encourage you all to get to know your classmates, because not only will you be doing a lot of group work, but I can honestly say that I am a better student and person for having the friends that I have met at Sheridan as a part of my life.

I am an outgoing person, who loves to help people, so feel free to contact me with any of your concerns. My email is stanleye@sheridanc.on.ca.

~Erin Very Happy
    gillrav
    gillrav

Post  gillrav Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey nurses...just wanted to drop a hi.. This is my first term...looking forward for monday...any tips from seniors?

Ravneet
    gillrav
    gillrav

Introduce Yourself Empty pronto

Post  gillrav Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:37 pm

hey nurses.....just wondering if anybody has downloaded the pronto messenger...
    Amanda
    Amanda

Post  Amanda Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Hey Ravneet!

Welcome to Sheridan and the nursing program!

Hmmm tips from the seniors:
    - Keep up with your reading every week.
    - Spend practice time in lab once a week to keep up with your material. You would be surprised what you see on the exams!

- Get your bloodwork stuff going with your family physician/or school, PRONTO!!!! It can take weeks to get back some of your bloodwork, and you don't want to put it off until the last minute!

Hope this helps! If I think of any more I will let you know!

Cheers!
    Amanda
    Amanda
    Amanda

Post  Amanda Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:53 pm

I have downloaded the pronto messenger, although I don't think many people have. They probably haven't even recognized it in there, or knew what it was for. It's fairly new to SLATE/Sheridan. I think it was introduced at the beginning of last semester.

On Monday morning, SLATE will be filled with all of your courses and other weblinks for you to learn and sort through!
    gillrav
    gillrav

Post  gillrav Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:40 pm

thanx Amanda.. these tips will help me a lot.....looking forward for tomorrow's class....
    Amanda
    Amanda

Post  Amanda Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Not a problem! I hope your first day in class is successful!!

Cheers!
    Amanda

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 am